Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Welcome Summer!!


June 19, 2013
 
Hello Friends!

          Summer is the perfect time to play because the weather is nice and friendly.  Last Thursday I was cooking dinner and my three children were complaining about "being bored." I, being the helpful Mom that I am, suggested they go outside and play! We had a long discussion on what to do.....it turns out they had never played Mother may I!!!! I was flabbergasted! I had to go outside and teach them right away! We all had a turn being Mother or Father May I...and it was the best time we had all week! My youngest got a real thrill out of telling me, "Mommy, NO you may not take 3 steps forward!"  Do you remember: hopscotch, tag, mother may I? Play is important for everyone, not just kids! For kids, play teaches social skills, how to follow rules, and it strengthens creativity! For us big kids....play reduces stress, helps blood pressure, and burns calories! SO let's all play! I'll talk with you soon!

Playfully,
Mrs. D 


 

Timely Tips


Blowing Bubbles helps children learn to take deep breaths when they feel angry.
 




Looking in a mirror while saying positive statements will help  children smile.


Finger painting helps children learn to be creative and use their imagination




Imaginative play helps children explore the world of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment